|Cook Time:||Prep Time:||Serves:|
|11-13 minutes||20 minutes||4|
Cheese Bread Dough:
- ¾ cup Mozzarella
- 60g cream cheese
- ⅓ cup almond flour + extra to sprinkle a surface or benchtop
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup tasty grated cheese
- 1 egg
- Tasty cheese
- Sliced ham
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine mozzarella and cream cheese. Then microwave for 60 seconds whilst stirring every 20 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and use a spatula to fold the thick batter. Set aside.
- Using a food processor (or separate bowl), add almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and the egg and pulse on high speed (or stir) to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Fold in the other pre-prepared batter (mozzarella and cream cheese).
- Add tasty cheese and combine into the shape of a ball. Then, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle a surface or benchtop with almond flour, and place the dough on the surface.
- Cut the ball of dough into quarters and roll each portion into smaller circular pieces. Then, slice the smaller portion of dough into halves.
- Place each of the halves onto a lined baking tray and bake at 220°C for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Top one half of the bun with your choice of toppings eg. lettuce, tomato, ham and cheese, then place the other half on top, thus forming a sandwich.
Recipe inspired by;