|Freeze Time:||Prep Time/Cook Time:||Serves:|
|–||20 mins/10 mins||12|
For the Cups
- 3/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
For the Filling
- 1/2 cup dairy free soy free chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 180 C and line a 24 cup mini muffin tray with liners
2. In a large bowl, beat together the egg, almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, baking soda and salt, then stir this mixture into the wet ingredients until fully combined. The dough will be thick and feel greasy due to the almond butter but this won’t affect the cookies.
3. Scoop the dough evenly between the 24 mini muffin cups, then use the back of a 1/2 tsp to make a dent in the center to form the “cups” as shown in the photo.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until just set. The centers will puff up a bit while baking, so very lightly press them down again once removed from oven.
5. While the cookies bake, put the chocolate chips and almond butter in a microwavable glass bowl and microwave in 25 second increments, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth. Stir in the vanilla once melted.
6. To form the cookie cups, wait until the filling cools enough so it’s the consistency of thick frosting, then spoon some into the center of each cookie cup. If the filling hardens too much while making the cups, simply microwave for 10-15 second and stir to soften it.
7. The filling will cool to the consistency of fudge and the cups will be chewy. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by;