|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Freeze Time:|
|25 minutes||30+ minutes||0 minutes|
1Tbsp Avocado Oil
2 Zucchini, medium
Handheld or Counter top spiralizer unit – ‘Let’s Twist Spiralizer’
- Spiralize the zucchini’s using a handheld or countertop spiralizer unit until a spaghetti/noodle outcome is formed.
- Heat the avocado oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add spiralized zucchini into the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium heat, until soft but still remain green in-colour.
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
1 Onion, peeled and diced
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2 carrots, diced
Himalayan Pink Salt
Ground Black Peppercorns
6 Crushed Fresh Tomatoes
2 tsp dried Oregano
500g Ground Beef
1 Zucchini, medium, diced
1 Bay Leaf
Water – (optional)
- Heat the avocado oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add the diced onion and saute until translucent. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, season with salt and pepper to your preference, and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and oregano to the pot, and reduce heat to low to simmer, partially cover with a lid.
- In a large saucepan or frying pan, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Pour off and discard the fat (if necessary), and then add the ground beef to the sauce.
- Add the remaining zucchini. Simmer on low heat to intensify the flavours, stirring occasionally. If the sauce becomes too thick, add some water to rehydrate it.
- Serve over zucchini noodles.
Inspiration from; https://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-recipe/basic-bolognese-sauce/